Below is the information for
patients preparing for surgical operations at
Karong Clinics :
After you schedule your
appointment, we will contact you and make an appointment to see you, our
anesthetist will need to obtain necessary information from you and
provide important instructions pertaining to your procedure.
- Please do NOT forget to mention any use of blood thinners (plavis,
aspirin, etc) during pre-operative consultations.
- Please do NOT eat any solid foods on the day of your procedure.
- Please do NOT smoke or use tobacco products after midnight the night
before your procedure.
- Please do NOT drink alcohol 24 hours before and after your procedure.
- Please contact your doctor for the specific directions regarding the
medications you are takinig.
- If you develop a fever, cough or other medical problem before
procedure, call your doctor immediately.
- If you are unable to keep your appointment or will be delayed, call us
as soon as possible.
When you arrive:
Upon your arrival, you will check in with our
receptionist. Once you are in the admitting area, you will be asked to
change into a surgical gown and your medical information will be
reviewed. If applicable, a member of the anesthesiology team will visit
with you and an IV may be started depending upon the type of procedure
you are having.
We ask that you limit the number of people accompanying you, due to our
limited space in the waiting room. They will be asked to remain at the
Karong, or provide a cell phone number to our receptionist if the need
to leave at any time. People accompanying a child will NOT be allowed to
leave the Surgical centre at any time until the patient is dismissed.
When your procedure is completed, you will be taken
to our recovery area and carefully monitored until you are discharged.
Before you are ready to leave, we will provide post operative
instructions to a member of your family or your companion.
You must have a ride home after your procedure. You will not be
permitted to drive yourself. It is also important for you to have
someone stay with you for the first 24 hours following your procedure.
Please note that your procedure will be canceled if you do not follow
these required arrangements.
If you need to stay overnight at Karong Clinics:
For more info. please
refer to our pamphlet "Preparing for your surgery" or contact
your surgeon / anesthetist.